As you probably know by now, Element Glo concrete aggregate crystals turn your new pool, or newly resurfaced pool, into a mesmerizing spectacle at night, making your pool the talk of the town. But, what about adding a little extra WOW on top of the WOW by creating the perfect nighttime glow effect in your pool with our glow in the dark aggregates?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a starry night effect in your pool:
Ordering your glow in the dark aggregates
There are five things to consider when ordering the perfect mix of glow concrete aggregates to create the perfect starry night:
- What daytime color do you desire? Blue, white (off-white), or gray? – Blue daytime aggregate crystals will speckle your pool surface during the day, while our white and gray aggregate crystals will make them appear invisible during the day.
- What nighttime color do you desire? Aqua Blue (Turquoise), Glacier Blue (Sky), or Firefly (Kryptonite)? The two nighttime colors that give the biggest wow factor, because of their glow intensity, are Aqua and Glacier. Firefly should be used to create specific desired effect on the yellow/green side. Some pools have a green plaster base and Firefly crystals are a perfect complement, but not for some pools.
- What saturation of aggregate would you like in your pool? Normal saturation is one pound of concrete glow aggregates per 40 square feet. If you would like more saturation and a starry effect that truly emulates the night sky of a 2 A.M. cloudless night, you may consider going with 1 pound of crystals per 20 to 30 square feet.
- How much depth would you like? In other words, how vast do you want your stars to appear from the closest stars to the stars that appear more far away? You can choose one color to create your starry night effect, and all will be awesome. But, if you would like to add more to the effect, consider custom requesting a color called Sapphire Blue to your Aqua or Glacier Blue mix. Sapphire Blue can be ordered by giving us a call to place your order.
- What size glow aggregates do you need? To create the perfect glow in the dark starry night effect in your pool, you mix should be 20% large aggregate crystals (about the size of a pencil eraser), 40% medium aggregate crystals (about the size, and 40% small crystals. The large glow in the dark concrete aggregate crystals will emulate bright stars such as the North Star or some of the brighter planets in the night sky such as Mars or Uranus.
NOTE: For a spa, you need to adjust your mixture, as far as size goes, just slightly – 20% medium crystals, 40% small crystals, and 40% fine glow aggregate crystals.
Once you’ve decided on all of the above, all you need to do is apply your glow in the dark aggregates. We strongly recommend having your contractor contact us to go over application procedures.
After your contractor has completed your new pool, take a picture! We would love to spotlight your pool on our website.
Element Glo Aggregate Crystals are guaranteed safe, indestructible after installed, and will glow in the dark every night throughout the lifetime of the pool.